Summer Student Employment
Hall Assistant and Program Leader
Pender Island Community Hall is now accepting applications for a Hall Assistant and Program Leader. The position is contingent on funding and is open to full time students who intend to return to school full time in the fall. This position entails a combination of administrative responsibilities and direct program delivery. The incumbent must have the ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
Are you looking for a challenge? You already have some administration and leadership experience but you feel ready to try to make the leap into a management position. This Hall Assistant and Program Leader position will allow you to explore all the areas of recreation and facility management while offering ongoing mentorship and supported personal challenges as you progress in knowledge and skills.
Hall Assistant duties will include:
– General office administration
– Bookings and registrations
– Volunteer and intern management
– Grant research and writing
– Liaise and collaborate with community organizations
– Promotion, advertising, marketing and public relations
– Saturday Farmers Market Assistant
– Additional duties and responsibilities as required
Program Leader duties will include:
– Plan, organize and lead day activities & day camps
– Plan, deliver & evaluate a activities and events
– Budgeting & purchasing for the programs
– Provide direction & training to volunteers & interns
Preferred skills and knowledge:
– Excellent organizational skills
– Excellent communication (verbal and written), customer service, and interpersonal skills.
– Knowledge of local activities, resources and community groups
– Experience with office procedures and budgeting.
– Experience leading children 6 – 12 years of age and youth 12 – 18 years of age
– Experience organizing and leading games songs, crafts, drama and other recreational activities.
– Interest or knowledge in heritage, rural or farm life skills.
– Working towards a degree in Recreation Management, Public Administration, Youth Work, Business, Tourism, Community Development…
– Foodsafe and Class 4 would be an asset
– Current First Aid with CPRC and AED
– Current Criminal Records Check
Anticipated Start Date: May 15, 2018
Anticipated End Date: Sept 1, 2018
Hours: 40 hrs/week, schedule will include most Saturdays. $15.00 /hour
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Recreation Program Leaders
Do you have ideas for recreation or activity programs? Do you want to share your skills, crafts and knowledge? Do you want a part-time casual job as a Program Leader? Then we want to hear from you!
As a Program Leader you will be responsible for planning, organizing and leading recreation activities. Activities can include, but are not limited to: arts, crafts, sports, games, workshops, dance, music, nature programs and organizing special events. If you are interested please call Andrea at 250-629-3669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hall often needs volunteers for the following:
• Assist at the Community Cafes.
• Help organize and run special events.
• Garden (weeding, pruning, etc.)
• Program leadership/ assistant
• Special administrative projects
• Annual hall clean-ups
• Annual Christmas Craft Faire
If you are interested in volunteering, please call the Hall at (250) 629-3669.
New board members are always welcome. The hall board meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm. Join us!